Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Why I decided to keep the name of this blog - how to remember Pi

Thank you  for your mails and the comment ;-)
I admit that I thought of changing to tumblr. There are no more rememberable subdomains left at blogspot. But  then I decided to keep the name as it is. Why?
My thought was the following:
  1. When I have a genius idea I can switch. Then it will be a full domain.
  2. People come to my blog because they search in google, click a link or simply because they follow my tweets.
  3. People come again because they follow my tweets, have a bookmark or simply remember Pi.
You want know how to remember the first few digits of Pi?

The Greek letter pi (source: Wikipedia)

3,1415 is sufficient for most calculations Pi, starts with three (rhyme) and continues with some addititions:
3 + 1 = 4 ...+ 1 = 5 and now you can remember my blog stst31415.blogspot.com
Do you want one digit more? Just add up the digits. The last sum which is below ten is the next digit 
3+1+4+1 = 9 the next one would be to "start again": 3

Try this at home.
_____

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts all time